Tuesday, January 5, 2010

coexist bumper sticker

Driving with Shandra yesterday I noticed on a car one of the most annoying bumper stickers. It's one that I've seen occasionally, as we live in a place that appeals to hippie types and has several colleges/ a university nearby. But this one struck me as particularly annoying:

http://www.carryabigsticker.com/images/coexist_obama_500.jpg

The Obama logo had been slipped in there...
but I guess it only makes sense- Islam, Judaism, Christianity and Obama.

I wanted to roll down my window and ask the guy driving that car what planet he's from, and also that he should go back...before I punch his face. How can human beings be expected to 'coexist' with people like that?

Obama hasn't transformed the world into the garden of Eden like he promised and his followers voted with hopeful tears in their eyes for.

- He's not 'open and transparent' at all
- He's not bipartisan at all
- He has a clear dislike for capitalism and other basic principles that make this country what it is.
- He hasn't made the country less hated or more safe by being 'like-able' or incessantly apologizing
- The country is even more racial than before
- Unemployment is still high- he continues to blame Bush- and wants to make every new job be a government one.
- He ignores things that need help and focuses on his predetermined agenda items like health care and global warming. He then ignores data (or the fact that data may be fake) and the American public that disagrees with his own views and proceeds.
- To sum up, I don't understand what people are still in love with him about.

Here in Hawaii I see lots of people wearing clothes by local companies with Obama's face or name on it because he's 'local'. Some of it is pretty sweet. Good designs- because 'cool' artists like Obama. Cool people wear Obama. "Malama Obama" or "Obama Ohana" etc. What are all the props for? Nothing that I can tell. He just exists, and thus is deserving? He truly is an American Idol President, and like most trends and celebrities I think he's annoying. Can't wait till he's out of style. Until then I just wish people would look at the man and what he's doing and talk and think about him accordingly. He's not a God or Religion(not for normal humans, at least). He has done nothing to prove otherwise. Please be realistic. Don't tell me to 'Coexist' Obama style.

I heard this quote a while ago, it's Obama describing himself from one (of two) books he wrote about himself.
"I serve as a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripes project their own views..."

Obama the blank screen. Doesn't that sound like a great philosopher or prophet? Someone that stands for ideals and truths and is a shining example for others? Someone willing to take persecution for his beliefs? Don't think so. Sounds like the guy I saw running for president. A guy who stands for nothing (that he'll be open and honest about) but speaks well of vague and positive things that make you feel good. A guy that instead let's others believe what they wish about him and make him into whatever they want him to be- which he'll then use to gain favor and get ahead. It's not rocket science. but then I may be wrong, I didn't go to Punahou and Harvard.

all that from a bumper sticker?

3 comments:

Shandra and Christian said...

Crazy sticker. It would be interesting to talk to some of his supporters (or I guess you could say some are worshippers) just to try and understand. I'm all about wanting to support our President. I may just need a lot of convincing.

Bill Hastings said...

The "change" hasn't happened, but the "hope" is still there among the devoted. Should be a good election year for conservatives.

Whitney said...

I saw stickers on a car yesterday that indicated that person thought Obama = world peace, as well. Wow. Talk about high expectations.